Each sex has their own reproduction system which is different in structure but they are involved to produce, nourish and transport either the egg or sperm.
FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
Female reproductive system includes primary and secondary sex organs.
PRIMARY SEX ORGANS
Primary sex organ includes a paired ovary.
SECONDARY SEX ORGANS
Secondary sex organ includes uterus, Fallopian tubes, vagina, and cervix.
- There are a paired of ovary present in the each side of uterus, below and behind the uterine tube of woman.
- This is a small gland.
- It secrets estrogen, progesterone hormones.
- An ovary produces an ovum monthly.
- Produces hormones are responsible for the maturation of the graffian follicle, ovulation, menstruation and maintenance of pregnancy.
- Uterus is a complex organ in reproductive system which is known as womb.
- It is a quite small in size and look like a pear.
- It helps in receive, retain and nourish a fertilized egg.
- Allow sperm and menstrual fluid to move through.
- Uterus is the organ in which developing fetus resides.
- Female has two Fallopian tubes through which ova pass from the ovaries to the uterus.
- These are the soft thin tubes.
- It carries the eggs away from the ovaries.
- The Fallopian tubes are where usually fertilization occurs.
Vagina is tube like structure that connects the uterus to the outside of the body.
- It receives the pennies during intercourse.
- Allows passage of menstrual fluid from the uterus.
- It acts as a birth canal which helps in the movement of the baby from the uterus.
- It considered to the narrow neck of uterus.
- It is lined with the mucus which is known as cervical mucus.
Cervix keeps uterus closed and fetus within it during pregnancy.
This is the general notes on Female Reproductive System and its Functions.
Thank you for reading.